About Me

My Photo
San Diego, California, United States
Hi Everyone! My name is Courtney and I love to cook! This is my life!

Monday, September 9, 2013

Josephine's - Family Recipe !

Hey All!


So today I am sharing this recipe that is near and dear to my heart! It might not be very complex, but it def packs the flavor and is the PERFECT party pleaser! This recipe has been in my family for years and every time I have it, it brings me back to so many family memories! I have been really homesick here in San Diego lately so it was nice to make this at our party last weekend and bring me a little closer to home! This is a great make ahead appetizer to save time and be able to entertain and enjoy the party at the same time and did I mention it's GREAT for football parties?! GO NINERS!

Makes 15-20 pieces depending on your bread length (1 Slice) - 85 Calories & 2 WW PointsPlus
Ingredients:

  • 3/4 Cup pepper jack cheese
  • 1/2 Cup mayonnaise
  • 4 Ounce can of green chillies
  • 2 Baguettes (sliced)
Steps:

  1. Pre-heat oven and turn on broil
  2. Mix all of of the ingredients together in a bowl, besides the bread.
  3. Scope 1/2-1 Tbsp of mixture onto each piece of bread and place on cookie sheet. (If you put too much on it will all just melt off)
  4. Place in broiler (keep an eye on them because they can burn FAST) shouldn't take more than 3-5 minutes until lightly browned.
  5. Remove from heat and serve immediately.

I hope you all can indulge and enjoy on this AMAZING appetizer while spending time with the ones you love! Be sure to follow me on Instagram @FoodCourtt and Twitter @FoodCourtt27

Tag me in your re-makes of my recipes! #FoodCourtt

Happy Creating!

xo, Courtney

No comments :

Post a Comment