About Me

My Photo
San Diego, California, United States
Hi Everyone! My name is Courtney and I love to cook! This is my life!

Friday, May 17, 2013

Grocery List - Get Organized !

Hey There Everyone!!

So since our 31 Day Challenge starts in THREE days I wanted to give you another tool that I use to get organized and prepared for the week. Here is my grocery shopping outline! 

To save this adorable template, right click the picture and save to computer then open it and click print!
It is easy to just print out and post on your fridge and add to it whenever you run out of something or when you sit down and start to plan you meals for the week! Because I go to several stores for my shopping, I usually fill this out then flip it over and write each of the stores names I am going to and organize where I am going to be getting all of those things from! 
Back of my list!



My top tips for saving money and preparing for a shopping trip:
  1. ALWAYS make a list. Commit to buying everything plus an extra five things that aren't on the list but NO MORE than FIVE extra.
  2. DO NOT GO HUNGRY! I worked at a grocery store and I know from experience that this is the number one way to over spend
  3. Check out the sales before you make your list and plan your meals. Sometimes this can be time consuming so you can also go and print out a list from online of fruits and veggies and when they are in season and keep it somewhere handy. When you buy whats in season you SAVE.
  4. COUPONS COUPONS COUPONS! Get the Sunday paper, they have the best coupons!
  5. Buy LOCAL! Farmers markets or stores like Sprouts (my personal favorite) sell local produce at CHEAP prices and you are supporting your local economy which is great too!
  6. Learn how to store and prep your food to make it last as long as you can! Pinterest and many other websites have tips like putting onions in pantyhose to last for months!

1 comment :