About Me

My Photo
San Diego, California, United States
Hi Everyone! My name is Courtney and I love to cook! This is my life!

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Mini Turkey Meatloafs

Good Evening Everyone!!
Simply Delicious!

Growing up as a kid my dad did a lot of the cooking and one of the recipes he made that I never looked forward to was meatloaf. But as I grew up and my pallet became more refined I grew to love it! Unfortunately most meatloaf today is made with ground beef and that is something I don't allow in my house. So I sat down and created a FULL flavored turkey version that I'm certain won't disappoint! Not to mention they are mini and who doesn't like mini anything?!?

Hope you enjoy these as much as Joe and I!! xxxCourt

Recipe makes 12 - Serving Size 2 Muffins (1/2 Cup Each) - 170 Calories & 4 WW PointsPlus

Ingredients:

  • 1 pound Lean ground turkey
  • 1/2 Onion (yellow or white)
  • 3 Cloves garlic (finely chopped or use garlic press)
  • 1/2 cup Panko bread crumbs
  • 1 tsp Hot sauce
  • 1/2 tsp Balsamic vinegar
  • 1 Egg
  • 1 tsp Dried oregano
  • 1 tsp Dried thyme
  • 1/2 tsp Black pepper
  • 1 (8 oz) can Tomato sauce (no salt added preferred)
  • 1 tsp Mustard
  • 3 tsp Extra virgin olive oil (EVOO) for muffin pan to prevent sticking
Steps:
Step 4
  1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Place all ingredients except EVOO into bowl and mix together until evenly mixed (hands are the best kitchen too ever (: )
  3. Oil each of the 12 muffin slots using a paper towel dipped in your EVOO, a misto sprayer like mine (see last post for more info) or a kitchen basting brush.
  4. Scoop approximately 1/2 cup of meat picture into each slot and light pack it in. 
  5. Cook in oven for 25 minutes and then for 3 minutes on broil after that to brown the tops. (internal temp. should be about 160 degrees)
  6. Pull out of the oven after broiling and let sit for 5 minutes before pulling out of tins and serving (unless you want to make a mess haha, I learned this the hard way).
  7. Enjoy!
Joe gave this meal 5 stars!
** I topped my two with 1 tsp of mustard and 1 tsp low sodium BBQ sauce mixed together and fresh parsley! 

Second Dinner Tip: Once completely cooled place in tupperware or plastic baggies separating the layers with parchment paper and freeze for future dinners. To cook just pre-heat oven to 350 degrees and place frozen muffins on cooking sheet and cook about 15 minutes to warm up!!

Make sure to use the hash tag #foodCOURTT when you make one of my recipes I love to see them!!

Happy Cooking (:

No comments :

Post a Comment