About Me

My Photo
San Diego, California, United States
Hi Everyone! My name is Courtney and I love to cook! This is my life!

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Veggie Burgers

The are much more yummy then store bought veggie burgers and cheaper too, I promise!
Hey All! Tomorrow starts Meatless Monday so I thought I would share with you my home made 195 cal/burger and only 5WW PointsPlus, Enjoy! xxxCourt
veggie burgers! These are to die for!! Not to mention

Black & Kidney Bean Burgers:

Ingredients:
  • 15oz Can Black Beans (no added salt/low sodium/or soak regular beans overnight to soften)
  • 15oz Can Kidney Beans (no added salt/low sodium/or soak regular beans overnight to soften)
  • 1 Bell Pepper (Any Color)
  • 1 Onion (Any Color)
  • 5 Cloves Garlic
  • 2 Eggs
  • 1 Tsp Paprika
  • 1/2 Tsp Seasoning Salt (I use Morton's)
  • 1 Tsp Oregano
  • 1 Tsp Hot Sauce
  • 3/4 Cup Bread Crumbs (I use Panko)
Steps:
  1. Drain & RINSE beans.
  2. Using a fork or potato masher, mash beans in medium sized bowl until mostly mashed.
  3. Very finely chop (or pulse in food processor) bell pepper, onion & garlic and add to beans.
  4. In small separate bowl mix together eggs, and all of the seasonings except the bread crumbs.
  5. Add eggs and seasonings to beans and fold in together.
  6. Add bread crumbs and mix together until well mixed (I like to use my hands (: ).
  7. Create 8 even sized patties (I used 1/4 cup scooper) and place on parchment paper on cookie sheet.
  8. Freeze for 30 minutes individually on sheet tray before stacking together in ziploc baggie.

To Cook:
  • In pan on stove top heat up 1 tbsp of oil (I use EVOO) on medium heat and cook 5-6 minutes per side and enjoy! 
I like to serve these on whole wheat "skinny" buns with a slice of pepper jack and avocado! So Yummy!

Happy Cooking.

No comments :

Post a Comment